Ali's Not So Exciting Adventures

Due to popular demand, this is my blog for the boring day-to-day happenings of my life. I hope to update it regularly, much more so than the other blog that I currently have that never seems to get a decent new entry.

4.10.2006

Forgive me?

I'm sorry, I have been a bad blogger. Basically, I was caught up in school stuff right before Spring Break, and then while I was on Spring Break I never found time to blog, and then when I got from Spring Break I practically forgot about this thing! Haha. No excuses though. Kev reminded me the other day that he checks this thing everyday but that I hadn't updated in forever!

So anyway, on to the actual blog.

The week before Spring Break was pretty crazy. I had a lot of things due, an exam, and goodness knows what else. Then I left for Spring Break, which was just me going home for a week haha. I left with Karen on Friday and that night we all (meaning about 5 of us haha... not too many people were in town) went over to Kare's house to watch King Arthur. After that, Nic, Cusack, and I went over to Steak 'n Shake. I hadn't eaten all day, so I definitely pigged out. The next night we went to Firehouse for some awesome pizza and then to see Inside Man. I recommend it. I really liked the Indian music at the beginning and end of the movie, and actually downloaded it when I got home.

Other than those two nights, my break was pretty uneventful. UofI's break was the week before ours, so we only got to spend that first weekend with them, and anyone else who was in town was going to school so they really couldn't do anything on the weeknights. I spent my days going to a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment, shopping for random things I needed for school and for my townhome next year, and on Wednesday of my break I went to RLI, the insurance company that I work for, to see about working there this summer. They definitely wanted me back, and told me about an idea that had for me. I am going to be writing up a huge instruction manual for pretty much all of the jobs within the claims department - what they do and how they do it, including everything they do on the various computer programs RLI uses, some of which I don't even know about. So that should be interesting. Then after break, I got an e-mail from my boss saying that they could make the position an internship and that I would get paid $12 an hour for it, so I was REALLY excited about that. That is way more than I was making before. Hopefully I can work a lot so I can pay for a lot of the things that I need in my townhome. I also need to buy some more professional clothes if I'm going to have an internship, so I kind of need to spend some of the money before I even earn it.

Other than that, my break while at home was pretty uneventful. I convinced my parents into letting me leave on Friday to go spend the weekend with Kevin, and they really didn't have a problem with it. So Friday Kev and I got some food at Dairy Queen, then went grocery shopping, and made pizza for dinner. Saturday we made ourselves turkey burgers for lunch and then went into St. Louis and played for a few hours at the City Museum, which was really cool but about gave me a panic attack. There is a huge maze of steel and craziness outside suspended in air. One part of it is really high up and only really being held up by a large cable attached to the side of the building. I crawled across it and all the way I was just sure that the cable was going to break off the side of the building and we were going to go plunging to our death, but we made it through. =P Kevin kept telling me not to look down, and I told him that I wasn't afraid of heights; it wasn't looking down that was scaring me. But anyway, the museum was loads of fun, although definitely tiring... it made me feel so old haha!

That night we made some chicken for dinner and pretty much just lounged around. His roommates had friends from their hometown over, so the apartment was very crowded. On Sunday, we made pizza from this kit, which was a lot of fun, and tasted pretty good, but there was sooo much left over. There was a big storm coming in just as I left, which was definitely no fun to drive through. Kevin called begging me to turn around because he was worried about me, but I assured him that I would be OK. The first half hour there was pretty bad storms, but after that the rain stopped and it was smooth sailing the rest of the way home.

This past week wasn't very exciting. It was hard to get back into the groove of school, especially knowing that it would be over 5 weeks until I got to see Kevin again, but it has been OK. I really need to buckle down now, I have a lot of really big projects coming up that I need to work on so that I don't get behind and end up doing stuff at the last minute and not getting good grades on it all.

Friday night Kare wanted to do laundry and homework, and I didn't have any other plans, so I just kind of hung out in my room, ate some dinner, and then talked on the phone with Kev for about 4 hours haha. He has a big paper due Thursday, so he was also stuck at home working on it, although I don't think he got much done once we got on the phone haha. Saturday I got up and watched the Cardinals game which was very sad, because they lost to the CUBS, our arch enemy and Kevin's favorite team. =( Then I went to the Relay for Life with Karen. I went at 4 to help set up our campsite, and then the actual event lasted from 6 pm til 6 am. It was a lot of fun, and the event raised A LOT of money for cancer research, so it was all for a good cause. I'm still tired today because of it, but I'm very glad that I did it. I met some cool people and had some fun conversations throughout the night.

So Sunday I went to bed at around 6:30 a.m. and slept til 4:15 p.m. ... OOPS! I had meant to wake up around 2, but that didn't happen. So I took my car back to the garage, tried to eat something, and watched the Cardinals lose once again to the Cubs... we got swept! =( I pretty much didn't get anything accomplished haha, but oh well. So anyway, that brings me to today. Nothing exciting has happened. I ate an apple and it was delicious. I am really looking forward to summer. Kev and I already have plans to go to 2 baseball games over the summer (and one is a Cubs/Cardinals game) and I hope to go to at least one game at the new Busch Stadium as well. My parents are coming to visit this weekend because it is Easter, so that will hopefully be fun, although I really hope none of the groups that I'm in want to meet to work on our projects then because I will definitely be busy. =/

I dunno, I don't really have anything else exciting to post about. If I do, I will definitely write it when it happens. Other than that, ¡adios!

2 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Xander said...

YEY!! This blog is up and runnin' once more!! Can't write a long comment right now, but I just wanna say how glad it is to read once more the very verbose adventures of Ali S.!!

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the city museum was a blast...i'm really really glad the steel slinky of death did not come crashing down. I'm happy to hear the apples are good.
I love you, happy 11th =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home