Ali's Not So Exciting Adventures

Due to popular demand, this is my blog for the boring day-to-day happenings of my life. I hope to update it regularly, much more so than the other blog that I currently have that never seems to get a decent new entry.

3.14.2006

Living Situations

As some of you know, I have had some roommate problems in the past few weeks. However, I am in a new room now and am soooo happy. My roommate is super nice, and I definitely don't think either of us are going to be making any death threats in the near future. =)

However, there is something else to look forward to. And that is my living situation next year! Next year, my friend Karen and I have leased a townhome. It is just under 4 miles from campus, so it's a bit out there, but it is also quite awesome. The price is very competitive, and it includes all all utilities, broadband internet and cable paid.

The townhome that we will have is brand new. In fact, it isn't even built yet. That is kind of scary, because when we signed the lease, there was only the foundation. Then, when my parents came down to help me move to a new room, the framework for the first floor was up. It is scheduled to be finished July 15th, and our lease starts August 1, so we should be OK.

The townhome is two floors, with two bedrooms and two bathrooms on the 2nd floor. We are sooo excited about it. Karen and I have been avoiding living with each other these past two years because we figured that we would kill each other if we had to live in the same room together, but when we have our own bedrooms and bathroom, things become a lot easier.

Here are some pictures of the townhome that you can tour through. I'm sure our furniture won't be quite this nice, but we hope to make improvements to what we have available to us (a slipcover for Karen's scratchy couch, maybe new lamp shades, etc). I'm so excited! Can you tell? lol. =)








Edit: Just wanted to wish everyone a happy pi day! =P

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Xander said...

Nice to know you're getting along with your new roomate. I think you've had enough thrills for one semester, don't you think?

However, next semester promises to be equally exciting. I mean, your friendship with Karen will be put to the ultimate test!! There will be dings, bumps and bruises, you can count on that. But hopefully, nothing too serious.

Speaking of Karen, it's so nice to hear she's doing alright. Give her a big hug from me.

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home